Ledima Ditau Mining & Resources is a level 1 BBBEE rated company. We are 100% Black owned and Operated business, providing services in Opencast mining, Plant Hire, Exploration, Gas and Energy.
Established in 2014, the company boasts small to medium fleet of equipment built on the solid foundation of a combined 50 years of corporate and mining expertise.
Technical Support and Maintenance
Our partnership with Trollope Mining Services as their Enterprise and Supplier Development initiative, giving us access to 45 years of mining experience as well as their well-equipped workshop in Bapsfontein, Johannesburg
M D Mafalo
Deg: B-Proc (Mergers and Acquisitions), Dip: Sale & Marketing (Marketing), Certficate: Train the trainer (Trainer)
Mr M D Mafalo is the Founder and Managing Director with Investment, Marketing and Training back-round. Having worked as a Trustee for MTN’s Pension and Provident Board of Trustees for 7 years managing over R900 Million portfolio on employees and employer investments with many fund managers across South Africa, identified and invested in these opportunities in Mining and related services. This thus became his first love and switch in careers. His areas of expertise are Business Strategies, Policy Implementations and Portfolio Management, complimented by 18 years of senior management experience at multi-nationals such as AIG-SA and MTN.
Currently involved in mentorship program with Trollope Mining through their Managing Director (Guy Hopkins) as part of Supplier Development in helping Ledima Ditau Mining and Resources with soft landing in the industry. Experience earned began with working in workshops, Sites Management, Contract and Rates expertise as part of Commercial empowerment from Industry’s best practices.
Director (Technical and Mining)
K J Chuene
Deg: BTECH (Mining Engineering)
Mr K J Chuene completed his B-Tech degree at UNISA, worked as a senior mining engineer at AVENG Group and Barbeton Mines. Has experience mainly on Platinum and Gold mines, is a Member of Associate of Mine residents engineer (AMRE) and Professional Engineering Technologists Pr. Eng Tech (ECSA). Mr Chuene has capacity for project planning, leading and supervising plant/shaft maintenance team with 15 years of experience.
Executive Director (Finance)
M F Seimela
Deg: B-COMPT (Accountant)
Mr M F Seimela is a Tax Practitioner by profession, having graduated from UNISA with B-/COMPT. Complimented by 20 years of corporate governance experience. He was also a Financial Manager for Matome Maponya Investments and is currently with Mapmark Business Enterprise.
Health and Safety
Through strategic management of health and safety, and by creating a culture of health and safety awareness and responsibility we strive to:
- Apply sound health and safety management principles and operating practices
- Comply with the client specifications, rules and requirements
- Protect health and promote safety of personnel, customers and the community
- Be alert to customer needs, technological advancement and socio-economic priority
- Reduce the hazards and potential hazards in our working environment
Our Safety Policy
- Entrench safety as a value for our people which is not compromised;
- Strive to achieve the industry best practice;
- Prevent accidents and ensure healthy working relations, enlist the commitment of all staff to comply with the Act and Regulations and to manage and counter the hazards of our business through a well-practiced health and safety programme;
- Comply with the requirements of health and safety rules and regulations through Motivation, education and training employees to assume personal ownership of health and safety issues.
Get In touch
584 Mehlomakhulu Street
Farm Elandsfontein 412JR
R25 Bapsfontein 1510
DD (Degrees and Decimal minutes)
S 26° 00.607’ E 028° 34.268’
DMS (Degrees Minutes and decimal seconds)
S 26° 00’ 36.5” E 028° 34’ 16.1”